Featured Portland French Events
The Alliance Française holds cultural events throughout the year, large and small. They are mostly in English and are open to the public. Come join us!
The member discount is applicable for one ticket per member.
Guests must pay the non-member price. Please note that a reservation is only confirmed upon receiving payment.
If tickets are available, the Alliance can accept payment at the door by credit card, check, or cash.
- Registration for Alliance Française events can be made in person at our office, over the phone, by mail, or through the web site.
- Please make all checks payable to: Alliance Française de Portland. We accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
Cancellations & Refunds:
- Refunds will be automatically issued if the Alliance cancels an event.
- If you need to cancel your registration for an event, you must do so at least 24 hours prior to the start of the program, and you will be fully credited toward a future event.
- Refunds must be requested in writing no less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled event and will incur a 4% credit card processing fee.
A party is the best way to experience a culture! In Haiti, Flag Day is a national holiday celebrated with great fanfare. Parades of musicians and dancers line the streets of every major city.
The Alliance Française joins withKay Soso, a Haitian Marketplace, to bring this year's celebration to Portland. Sway to the sounds of traditional Haitian music while enjoying a glass (or two) of wine from Abbey Creek Vineyard & Winery. Order a sampling of gourmet Haitian appetizers. All while learning a bit of the history about the first Black republic in the world.
Practice your French and learn a few Creole phrases. Experience Haiti in Oregon with music, culture, history, food and wine. This is a cultural happy hour event you do not want to miss!
There is no entrance fee to the Flag Day celebration, but we'd be pleased to know if you plan to come. Please reserve a place here.
And what would a party be without food (and drink)? Here's what you can sample and enjoy at the Flag Day Celebration:MENU
Griot de porc
Haiti's national dish served in small portions as an appetizer or as a main entrée for Sunday dinner or...
The next monthly conversation group at the Alliance is on Saturday, May 18, at 1 p.m. with Natacha from Le Mans. The group is for AF members.
Not a member yet? Sign up on the registration form or take out a membership at the meeting. Seats are limited.
Click here for the info about parking.
Frenchman Nicolas Quillé will hold a wine appreciation / education seminar with a curated tasting of select wines from the Beaujolais region.
The seminar (in English with some French vocabulary) will be followed by an hors d'oeuvre buffet and complimentary silent auction.
Reserve tickets here for the May 18 Quillé event. Tickets are $30 for Alliance members and $35 for non-members.