Featured Portland French Events
The Alliance Française holds cultural events throughout the year, large and small. They are mostly in English and are open to the public. Come join us!
The member discount is applicable for one ticket per member.
Guests must pay the non-member price. Please note that a reservation is only confirmed upon receiving payment.
If tickets are available, the Alliance can accept payment at the door by credit card, check, or cash.
- Registration for Alliance Française events can be made in person at our office, over the phone, by mail, or through the web site.
- Please make all checks payable to: Alliance Française de Portland. We accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
Cancellations & Refunds:
- Refunds will be automatically issued if the Alliance cancels an event.
- If you need to cancel your registration for an event, you must do so at least 24 hours prior to the start of the program, and you will be fully credited toward a future event.
- Refunds must be requested in writing no less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled event and will incur a 4% credit card processing fee.
Winter Term at the Alliance Française offers French classes for all levels of student, from true beginner to advanced.
Among the regular 10 week classes offerings, you'll find the core Edito series, from beginning to advanced levels. We also offer after school classes for children ages 7-14 during the school week and a special introduction to French for children ages 2-6 with their parents on Saturday.
We're pleased to offer a Materials in Art class in 5-week sessions from Elene as well as a new literature class from Marie-Pierre on Un Clafoutis aux tomates cerises. Francine will teach a special single class seminar, Opera & Chocolate Cake, in partnership with the Portland Opera. Check online for the full schedule for adults and the schedule for children.
Sign up online through the French Classes tab, in person at the Alliance office, or call the office at 503.223.8388 to enroll or discuss what's the best class for you.
Monday January 6th, 2020 the Alliance Française will begin hosting a FREE Monthly conversation group for beginners. If you need to strengthen your conversational skills, gain confidence and/or drill a bit of new vocabulary, this is the place for you!
We will be offering two types of conversation options for different types of learners. Attendance permitting, we will have one table for those that desire a free flowing conversation and one table of guided conversation around using specific new seasonal vocabulary. Come meet other French language learners and increase your skills with people who speak at a similar level of French.
This group is open to all.
See you in the New Year!