Featured Portland French Events
The Alliance Française holds cultural events throughout the year, large and small. They are mostly in English and are open to the public. Come join us!
The member discount is applicable for one ticket per member.
Guests must pay the non-member price. Please note that a reservation is only confirmed upon receiving payment.
If tickets are available, the Alliance can accept payment at the door by credit card, check, or cash.
- Registration for Alliance Française events can be made in person at our office, over the phone, by mail, or through the web site.
- Please make all checks payable to: Alliance Française de Portland. We accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
Cancellations & Refunds:
- Refunds will be automatically issued if the Alliance cancels an event.
- If you need to cancel your registration for an event, you must do so at least 24 hours prior to the start of the program, and you will be fully credited toward a future event.
- Refunds must be requested in writing no less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled event and will incur a 4% credit card processing fee.
Dreaming of Paris? Raffle tickets are now available for two round-trip Air France tickets in Economy Class, redeemable for travel on Air France operated flights between Seattle-SEA and Paris-CDG (Charles de Gaulle airport)!
Raffle tickets are $20. For details and to order online, click here.
Thanks to Air France and the Alliance's event partner, the French-American Chamber of Commerce of the Pacific Northwest.
In conjunction with the Paris 1900 exhibit at PAM, this seminar will explore the city of Paris through the lens of history, literature, visual arts and culture. This is a 5-week seminar: 4 will take place at the Kamm House; one will be held at PAM in the exhibition galleries.
Each session will be led by a different, specialized instructor.
Kala will perform French art songs by Georges Bizet, Reynaldo Hahn, Hector Berlioz, and Charles Gounod, accompanied by pianist Chad Halligan. Highlights include Je veux vivre from Gounod's Roméo et Juliet and Le spectre de la Rose from Berlioz' song cycle Les Nuits d'été.
Born and raised in Portland, Oregon, Soprano Kala Mulcahy currently studies voice with Dr. Marshall Tuttle and regularly performs with the UCC Bethel Choir. She studied music and Italian at Queens College in New York City and Siena, Italy. She has performed with local groups like Divergent Opera, the Liedertafel-Harmonie German Singing Society, and is thrilled to perform la Marseillaise at the Alliance's celebration of Bastille Day on July 13 in Jamison Square.
Admission is $5 for Alliance members and $8 for non-members. Reserve your seat today. Cash wine bar will be available.