Featured Portland French Events
The Alliance Française holds cultural events throughout the year, large and small. They are mostly in English and are open to the public. Come join us!
The member discount is applicable for one ticket per member.
Guests must pay the non-member price. Please note that a reservation is only confirmed upon receiving payment.
If tickets are available, the Alliance can accept payment at the door by credit card, check, or cash.
- Registration for Alliance Française events can be made in person at our office, over the phone, by mail, or through the web site.
- Please make all checks payable to: Alliance Française de Portland. We accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
Cancellations & Refunds:
- Refunds will be automatically issued if the Alliance cancels an event.
- If you need to cancel your registration for an event, you must do so at least 24 hours prior to the start of the program, and you will be fully credited toward a future event.
- Refunds must be requested in writing no less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled event and will incur a 4% credit card processing fee.
Born in California, raised in Kuwait and Paris, Mohamed Asem currently lives in Portland. He will read from his recent work of creative nonfiction, Stranger In the Pen, in which he narrates his experience of being detained by British immigration officers in Gatwick Airport, and explores questions of belonging in today's world as a person who finds himself in-between cultures, countries, peoples.
The event is free, but please reserve your seat. The presentation will be in English, and there will be a cash wine bar available.
The Alliance is partnering with PSU's French Section to present a free screening of the award-winning movie, Le Brio, starring Daniel Auteuil and Camélia Jordana, on Sunday, May 26, at 3 p.m. at the 5th Avenue Theater in downtown Portland.
Belgian-born Jacques Brel was one of the major and most iconic singer-songwriters of the 20th century in France. He is also considered a master of the modern “chanson” and influenced many English-speaking artists worldwide. An actor, poet, and director, Brel left an enduring influence on music and culture.
French singer songwriter Eric John Kaiser salutes Brel’s life and legacy with songs and stories about his life and his career. The presentation will be primarily in French, with some English. Come sing with Eric!
Known as The French Troubadour, Parisian-born Eric John Kaiser is a singer-songwriter reimagining Americana music through a French lens. Eric has released five full length albums recorded in Paris, Oregon, and Québec, and has performed in France and throughout North America. He has been based in Portland since 2006.
Tickets are $15 for Alliance members and $20 for non-members. Register here for this sure-to-be popular event.