Featured Portland French Events
The Alliance Française holds cultural events throughout the year, large and small. They are mostly in English and are open to the public. Come join us!
The member discount is applicable for one ticket per member.
Guests must pay the non-member price. Please note that a reservation is only confirmed upon receiving payment.
If tickets are available, the Alliance can accept payment at the door by credit card, check, or cash.
- Registration for Alliance Française events can be made in person at our office, over the phone, by mail, or through the web site.
- Please make all checks payable to: Alliance Française de Portland. We accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
Cancellations & Refunds:
- Refunds will be automatically issued if the Alliance cancels an event.
- If you need to cancel your registration for an event, you must do so at least 24 hours prior to the start of the program, and you will be fully credited toward a future event.
- Refunds must be requested in writing no less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled event and will incur a 4% credit card processing fee.
The Champs-Elysées Festival is a unique French and American independent film festival and is the biggest film festival in Paris. In 2018 it was presented in Portland by Portland State University and the Alliance Française de Portland.
The festival is returning to Portland in 2019. The call for entries is open now until March 29th!
Click here for more information
Winter Term at the Alliance Française offers French classes for all levels of student, from true beginner to advanced.
Sign up online through the French Classes tab or in person at the Alliance office.
We're pleased to offer Art classes in 5-week sessions as well as a new Music class taught by Eric John Kaiser, Portland's French Troubador. Find out more from Eric himself at our Open House.
Among the regular 10 week classes offerings, you'll find the core Saison and Edito series. Winter Term also includes the popular Cuisine course from Francine and Regions from Marie-Pierre.
Be sure to visit us at the Winter Open House and Holiday Market, December 6, from 6:30-8:30.
Join Portland’s Parisian-born French Troubadour Eric John Kaiser for a musical retrospective of the late great Aznavour.
Eric John Kaiser plays tribute to France’s great singer, lyricist, actor, political activist and cultural monument: the unforgettable Charles Aznavour.
This evening of song will reflect on Aznavour’s 70-year career during which he recorded over 1,400 songs in eight languages, collaborating with Edith Piaf, Elton John, Serge Gainsbourg, Josh Groban, and Tom Jones.
Be ready to join in and sing! Parisian-born Eric John Kaiser, known as the French Troubadour, is a singer-songwriter reimagining American music through a French lens.
Eric has released five albums recorded in Paris, Oregon and Québec, and has performed in France and throughout North America. He has been based in Portland since 2006.
Reserve here: Tickets are $10 for Alliance members and $15 for non-members. Cash wine bar will be available.